My latest free party printable is a set of construction coloring pages for a Birthday! As a Boy Mum, I always seem to be bringing you all of the boy party experiences. And now I have created the perfect complimenting activity. So many little boys love trucks (and many big boys too), it seems perfect that I come up with some fun coloring!
These pages are perfect for a Birthday party but there are also additional pages that you can use for any occasion, or just for fun! My boys are always asking me to download more coloring pages for them, it's such a fun activity to keep them busy. As a creative person myself, I love encouraging it. Even my 10-year-old son still loves to colour regularly, it's such a relaxing activity to help them de-stress.
Are you planning a party, but it's not a construction theme? Well, of course, I can still help you! I have a Happy Birthday printable activity mat with colouring and games you should check out. This printable is great as it's not specific to any particular theme.
I will run through how to get the most out of your free printable below. However, if you're keen to get the download now, scroll to the base of this post where you'll find a big green button with the download link.
A Visual Merriment is reader-supported and this post may contain some product affiliate links. From these, I may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase. Read more about how affiliate links are handled in my Terms & Conditions.
Uses for your construction coloring pages
Here are some suggestions that I've thought you could use these coloring pages for (yup! not just boring old coloring!).
- If you have a small sleepover planned, this would be an excellent way to keep them entertained.
- During your construction party, you could set up an activity corner with crayons, pencils, etc.
- If you're not hosting a party, surprise the Birthday child with some new pencils and spoil them for the day with fun Birthday activities such as these coloring pages.
- Save money on your party favors by including a coloring page (or all three!) in the kid's favor bags. You could also gift a small box of crayons or pencils.
- Use as party table decor for a construction party activity. If you are having the children seated, these could be their placemats.
- Have the Birthday child's friends complete one and gift it to them after the party, they could even make a binder with them.
- Don't limit their imagination! Provide other crafty goodies such as collage paper scraps, stickers, glitter, paints, gems, embellishments etc.
If you are planning a construction-themed party, I have created a list of my favourite construction party supplies that you might find helpful. I also have some sweet watercolor printable construction party supplies in the shop. As for party fun, you should check out my extensive list of 46 party games and activity ideas for toddlers article. Many of these ideas will work for older kids too!
Construction party activity features
This set of printable Birthday coloring pages includes three fun designs:
- ‘Happy Birthday' coloring page featuring a dump truck, digger, mixer, loader and excavator (I hope I got all of that terminology correct – the things I know now as a Mum of boys!).
- ‘Can You Dig It' coloring page featuring a pattern of diggers and mixers.
- ‘Loads of Fun' coloring page featuring a pattern of dump trucks and loaders.
The size of the colouring pages is 8.5×11″. You can also print it on A4 paper, just be sure to have your printer settings at “Fit to Page” so that none of the design is cut off when printing.
For most people, printing on everyday copy paper will probably be the most practical paper to use. This will do just fine. However, if you do have something a little heavier it is always nice and easier to colour on. You could start with something like this premium 8.5×11″ 32lb paper or A4 paper at around 120gsm.
It's also a good idea to consider using thicker paper if texta markers are being used. You don't want them showing through beneath the page. Younger children, in particular, are known to “over-color”, putting holes in thin pages. Just keep in mind that the thicker you go, the more work the printer needs to do! By that, I simply mean to make sure that your printer is capable of running through heavier paper/card.
Download your Birthday construction coloring pages
It's here! The green download button. If you don't have the password as yet, signup is simple with an email address. After that, the link below will take you straight to the download. Plus you will also have access to all of the other amazing free printables in the library.
Printables in the freebies library are for personal use but if you wish to use these worksheets for your class, then you are more than welcome to do so. I do have copyright limitations on what you can use my free printables for, view these in the footer of my website or in my terms and conditions.
Kids' Birthday parties can be expensive. Being able to alleviate some of that cost with activities and party favors such as this can go a long way. I would love to know any tips you have to help keep the cost of children's parties down – what have you done in the past that has helped? Leave a comment in the section below, we would all love to know!
Free printable coloring pages below:
Other resources you may like:
FREEBIE: Blue Happy Birthday Banner
FREEBIE: Game On Bingo Game
ARTICLE: The Ultimate Toddler Party Games + Activities Guide
ARTICLE: 28 Awesome Birthday Party Ideas for Toddlers
SHOP: Printable Construction Party Supplies