Add some extra fun to your Easter egg hunt with these printable Easter bunny footprints! The kids will love the excitement of following the prints to their Easter treats. Let's face it, chocolate egg hunts can become excessive so these footprints will of course work for any Easter-themed scavenger hunt you have planned. They are also perfect for students and classroom festivities.
When coming up with this printable I decided that traditional pink feet weren't enough. Although traditionally a bunny's footprints are actually pink, as a boy mum, I thought some blue ones could be fun too! Then I went to the next step and also added some black and white printable Easter bunny footprints to the template. I know many of you don't have colour printers or prefer to save on ink so these will help.
A Visual Merriment is reader supported and this post may contain some product affiliate links. From these, I may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase. Read more about how affiliate links are handled in my Terms & Conditions.
Printable Easter bunny footprints… Oh, the possibilities!
Whilst I am focusing on Easter hunts here today, this template download is so versatile. It is a great resource for classroom activities as well as at-home fun and parties. Here are just a few suggestions to get you inspired on how you could use these feet:
- The black and white footprints can be coloured or decorated with paper, glitter, sequins and other embellishments.
- Use the colour versions to cut and create an Easter garland
- Likewise, use the black and white version to cut and make a garland. However, you can also decorate, colour and draw on it beforehand too.
- Cut a footprint stencil. Cutting the inside shapes of the feet you can then use it as a stencil to make your own Easter bunny prints with something such as flour.
Organising an Easter Egg Hunt with Bunny Footprints
Using signs or footprints for your scavenger hunt is great, especially for younger children. Some may not quite understand the concept of an Easter egg hunt. Guide them on their search and finding their treasures will be a hoot!
Throwing together an Easter egg hunt with these footprints can be as simple as you would like it to be. However, I thought I would give you a few ideas and alternatives:
- Place footprints on the floor and throw Easter eggs around. This has been my lazy last-minute go-to on many occasions!
- Use your Easter bunny footprints to make their search a little more complicated. Lead the footprints to hidden eggs or treats.
- Kids often like an Easter egg hunt as soon as they wake up. When they're asleep, place your footprints from their bed to lead them to their search.
- You can also incorporate other elements into your Easter egg hunt such as using Scavenger hunt clue cards (these clue cards are very popular in the printables shop). Number your feet for each clue and have the kids search in that order. This could get out of hand (and confusing!) with way too many footprints so just use one numbered set per numbered clue.
- Use the footprints to create a story or theme for your Easter egg hunt. For example, you could have the footprints lead to physical clues that are part of the story. Then include a hidden treasure at the end of the hunt (or gift them a new book that was part of the story clues!).
Features of the Easter bunny footprint template
We've already touched on the three different sets of bunny footprints – pink, blue and black and white/colouring versions. If you are only wanting one colour, you do not need to print them all. There are two footprints per page in the same colour so simply print as many copies as you need of that page.
The size of the colouring and activity page is 8.5×11″. You can also print it on A4 paper. If you would like the exact size then ensure the printer settings are set to “Actual Size” or 100% scale. You can use the “Fit to Page” settings for A4 printing however just be aware that the size of your feet will scale slightly smaller to fit.
This brings me to my next point: you can create smaller bunny prints with your printer settings. Use the “Scale” setting to shrink the page smaller. Play around with the percentages on this screen and will be able to see how it changes in the print preview.
In addition to scaling, you can also print multiple scaled pages onto one page. For example, if I scale the pages to 30% I can then use the “Multiple” setting to fit as many pages onto one. Note that printer dialogue boxes/settings can vary so you may need to look around for something similarly named the “Multiple” setting.
As for which paper to print on, heavier paper or cardstock works best (something similar to 8.5×11 80lb or A4 220gsm). Depending on where you intend on using your bunny footprints, you could get away with using lighter paper.
You can use tape, blue tac or something similar if you need to secure your footprints to the ground.
Download your printable Easter bunny footprints
In addition to printable Easter bunny footprints, I also have other free Easter printables that you will find in the library. Currently, that includes three different types of Easter candy wrapping and a cute Easter Bunny garland template. And if you didn't know, I also sell Easter printables in my shop such as scavenger hunt clue cards, gift tags, activity worksheets/placemats, chocolate wrappers and more.
Here we are at the end, with the big green download button for your footprint template. If you don't have the password as yet, signup is simple with an email address. After that, the link below will take you straight to the download. Plus you will also have access to all of the other amazing free printables in the ever-growing library.
Printables in the freebies library are for personal use but if you wish to use this template for your class, then you are more than welcome to do so. I do have copyright limitations on what you can use my free printables for, view these in the footer of my website or in my terms and conditions.
Including some cute bunny footprints is a whimsical way to add some fun to your Easter festivities. Would you like to see more ideas on how these footprints can be used? Leave a comment below!
Free printable Easter bunny footprints below:
Other resources you may like:
FREEBIE: Backyard Scavenger Hunt
FREEBIE: 3 Types of Easter Candy Packaging Printables
ARTICLE: Free Printable Easter Bunny Garland Decor DIY
ARTICLE: 18 Fun Easter Egg Hunt Ideas Kids Will Love
SHOP: Easter Party Printables + Activities