Forget frantic hunts for overpriced, impersonal and mass-produced greeting cards with this Gnome Valentine's Day Coloring Card! This Valentine's Day, ditch the stress and embrace the whimsical charm of creating your own special greeting card. Picture your little ones gathered around the kitchen table, crayons clutched like magical wands, as they bring adorable gnomes and hearts to life in a burst of vibrant hues. No glue-drenched meltdowns, no glitter-storm aftermath, just pure, cozy creativity filling the air.
Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE glitter and embellishments. You can absolutely still use all of those great things with this craft. The beautiful thing about this card though, is that you don't have to! It's no secret around here that I believe in the magic of easy last-minute printables. You don't need to recreate the Valentine's Day wheel when I've got you halfway there already with your personalised greeting card.
If you're looking for some fun Valentine's Day activities for the younger folk, you should also check out my article 12 Valentine's Day Games for Kids to Play.
I will run through how to get the most out of your free printable card below. However, if you just want to grab the download now, scroll to the base of this post where you'll find a big green button with the download link.
A Visual Merriment is reader-supported and this post may contain some product affiliate links. From these, I may receive a small commission if you choose to purchase. Read more about how affiliate links are handled in my Terms & Conditions.
Table of Contents
Uses for your Valentine's Day Coloring Card
Who is going to benefit from your children's beautiful creations?! These cards are perfect for the following recipients:
- School Friends, Best Friends
- Boyfriend or Girlfriend
- A parent or any family member
- School Teacher
- Use as a Classroom Activity for students
- Add to your Valentine's Day party activities (suitable for adults too!)
If you're looking for classmate gifts, making these cards in bulk could be quite time-consuming! I have some free printable Valentine's Day word search activity cards that you might like to look into. You could even gift the cards with a marker or crayon for the kids to complete their word search with.
Whilst you can whip up a free printable Valentine's Day card in no time with some simple markers, I have a few more suggestions for you (if you're feeling brave!):
- Let's start with the basics: Crayons, markers, colored pencils, or even gel pens for vibrant results.
- Use watercolor pencils to colour and add water for a painted effect.
- Use poster paint or watercolor paint.
- Stickers and glitter can add an extra special touch.
- Cut-out hearts, buttons, sequins, ribbons, rhinestones, and other small embellishments.
- Cut the card out then mount it to colored construction paper/card. This could be folded like a greeting card or part of a bigger project.
- Add a colored insert from construction paper within the greeting card for more fun.
Free Printable Valentine's Day Card Benefits
Escape the Last-Minute Scramble:
- Ditch the store-bought stress and DIY overwhelm with a fun, ready-to-print solution.
- Save time and budget compared to buying or crafting cards from scratch.
No-Mess Masterpiece in Minutes (if that's what you want?!):
- Forget glue spills and glitter explosions – just print, color, and enjoy!
- Easy clean-up makes this a stress-free activity for parents and kids.
Beyond Coloring: Craft Time Bonus:
- Decorate the finished Valentine's Day coloring cards with stickers, glitter, or embellishments.
- Add them to additional projects and crafts.
- Free printable means savings for busy families.
- Print multiple copies for the whole classroom or Valentine's Day party.
Personalized Greetings with Heart:
- Let your child's imagination shine through in their unique coloring style.
- More meaningful than generic store-bought cards.
- Share fun coloring time as a family.
- Encourage communication and storytelling while coloring the gnome world.
- Engage kids in unplugged, imaginative play.
- Promote fine motor skills and creative expression.
Printing your Gnome Valentine's Day Coloring Card
Downloading the printable is easy. Once you have your password simply come back to the green download button at the end of this post. When prompted you will need to enter your password. You'll be taken straight to your Valentine's Day coloring card download page.
Unless you intend to mount the design onto construction paper then I would suggest printing to a heavy card/paper. This way your greeting card will be able to stand up and markers won't bleed through. Try something such as 8.5×11 80lb cardstock paper or an A4 210-220 gsm card.
Can your printer handle heavier card?
Check that your printer can handle printing to your chosen card. Sometimes smaller home printer feeders will jam if it's too thick. If this is the case and you can't find a lighter card that still works with your printer, then you may wish to try printing to paper. You can then glue it to a card so that it will stand up.
I often use this HP 200 gsm paper which can stand on its own but isn't thick enough to be a heavy cardstock. This weight is a good place to start if you're not sure that your printer can handle heavier card.
Download your Valentine's Day Coloring Card
It's here! You can download your Gnome Valentine's Day Coloring Card! Whether you're looking for a quick and easy solution or are going full out with your creative genius, this free printable Valentine's Day card is perfect. I'd love to see your creations. Tag me, @avisualmerriment on Instagram or Facebook! Now… is your printer already warming up?
If you don't have the password as yet, signup is simple with an email address. After you have your password, the link below will take you straight to the download. Plus you will also have access to all of the other amazing free printables in the library. Yay!
Printables in the freebies library are for personal use but if you wish to use this greeting card for your class, then you are more than welcome to do so. I do have copyright limitations on what you can use my free printables for, view these in the footer of my website or in my terms and conditions.
Free printable Valentine's Day coloring card below:
Other Resources You May Like:
FREE PRINTABLE: Valentine's Day Word Search Cards
FREE PRINTABLE: Love Chocolate Bar Wrapper Printable
ARTICLE: Romantic Valentine's Day Decorations + DIYs
ARTICLE: 12 Valentine's Day Games for Kids to Play
SHOP: Valentine's Day Party Printables, Games + Activities